Error installing MYTHLINK

Shaun Rioux

Jun 11, 2010, 2:29:32 PM6/11/10
to mythtv-good...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I was hoping you might be able to tell me whats going wrong. I have followed the instructions on your site, however when the /usr/local/bin/xbmc_mythlink.py from the cronjob, it gives me an error in the log:

[root@mythbox log]# cat xbmc_mythlink.log
xbmc_mythlink.py: Added 0 series and 0 episodes.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xbmc_mythlink.py", line 427, in ?
    cleanupcmd = "find " + xbmcdir + " -type l \! -xtype f -name \*.ts -exec " + bin_dir + "/xbmc_cleanup.sh \{\} \;"
NameError: name 'xbmcdir' is not defined
[root@mythbox log]# vi /usr/local/bin/xbmc_mythlink.py
[root@mythbox log]# cat xbmc_mythlink.log
xbmc_mythlink.py: Added 0 series and 0 episodes.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xbmc_mythlink.py", line 427, in ?
    cleanupcmd = "find " + xbmcdir + " -type l \! -xtype f -name \*.ts -exec " + bin_dir + "/xbmc_cleanup.sh \{\} \;"
NameError: name 'xbmcdir' is not defined

Im not sure what could be wrong.

I am running MYTH .20 on a Fedoracore 6 system.

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide, and thank you for making this available for us.  XBMC is great but not having my recordings was really annoying.

Shaun

me

Jun 12, 2010, 1:39:04 AM6/12/10
to MYTHTV goodies by marc
Hi Shaun,

I see the problem -- you're hitting a coding bug that occurs only when
there aren't any recordings in the database. Do you have any
recordings in your database? If not, try adding one and see what
happens. If you do have recordings then there is another problem --
here are some additional ideas to narrow down the problem:

1. Is your database on the same machine that is running the script? Is
your database's name the default of "mythconverg", username=mythtv,
password=mythtv? If not, you need to use the --mysql option. Try
xbmc_mythlink --help for more info.

2. Try executing ' mysql -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -B --exec
"select title from recorded;" in a shell window -- you should get a
listing of recordings.Did that return anything? If that doesn't
return anything, then we are having trouble accessing your database
and need to troubleshoot from there.

3. Try executing 'xbmc_mythlink.py --debug > debug.log 2>&1' and post
the results.

I run everything as "root" - not sure if it will work if not run as
root -- there may also be an issue there.

me

Jun 12, 2010, 11:43:13 AM6/12/10
to MYTHTV goodies by marc
Shaun, I shouldn't try to fix problems when I'm tired. The version I
uploaded last night had a blatant problem in it that I have now fixed.
I also looked at things more carefully and realized that the cleanup
code would not work when people either have multiple storage groups or
have multiple directories in a single storage group. I've fixed that
problem as well. Finally, I added some more traces in the debug mode.

Please download and install the latest version ("Version 3") from the
download page (http://sites.google.com/a/mlaronson.com/mythtv/myth-
xbmc-connect/downloads) and give it a try. Also, if you are still
having the problem, please post the output from the --debug trace,
thanks!

Marc