Contractor in Los Angeles area? Noob thinking about a Myth setup

Angela Turner

Jun 19, 2012, 6:14:24 PM6/19/12
to mythtv-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I just heard about Myth TV and googled about a bit learning about it. It sounds wonderful and I'm curious how much a setup would cost. I currently watch all of my TV OTA or via my HDMI-connected laptop playing Hulu or Netflix. I do not have any kind of cable or satellite TV.
I've been thinking for some time that it'd be great to have a dedicated media server in my living room to house all music and photos for my family. Ideally it would also run Pandora, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon on demand video, and things like that. I'm a fairly experienced computer user and have built Windows machines in the past. I am not familiar with Linux, so I thought this might be a job for a pro.
Thanks for any insight you can offer,
Angela

Another Sillyname

Jun 22, 2012, 12:09:32 AM6/22/12
to mythtv-co...@googlegroups.com
Angela

I don't know if you saw/read the response I sent direct to your E-mail
a couple of days back?

As I sent it direct it may be in your spam box?

Tony