Internal Player Modification

Jimmy

Aug 4, 2011, 3:18:34 PM8/4/11
to MythTV Contractors
I need a feature to be added to the internal player and am looking for
the costs associated with implementing it. I need to be able to loop
or repeat a video clip after it have completed similar to mplayer -
loop. I am planning to use MythTV in a kiosk type deployment but need
to be able to select a particular video and have it run all day as
people pass by. Also, would there be a way to have MythTV auto-start
the "last" video it was playing on restart? This would help if there
is a power blip or a restarted kiosk.
Thanks,
Jimmy

Eric Westbrook

Aug 4, 2011, 7:11:35 PM8/4/11
to mythtv-co...@googlegroups.com

You're trying to kill a fly (trivial task) with a sledgehammer (MythTV) here.  A simple:"mplayer -fs -loop 0 <file>" in the .xinitrc of the home directory of an automatically-started X session would do just fine, for this need as stated.

$0.02,
Eric

Jimmy

Aug 5, 2011, 9:42:27 AM8/5/11
to MythTV Contractors
I realize I could do that, however this is for a system with 30 to
40 "video players" that may change content frequently. They are
looking for a content management system that would allow them to
change the stored videos frequently and update which video player is
running which video. They like the MythTV interface (themed) for
browsing the videos they have available and selecting the one they
would like to play at this location today. I just need a way to loop
the video throughout the day. I did change from internal player to
mplayer but it introduces a short delay at the end when mplayer
restarts, does not work with storage groups, and appears to be on the
future unsupported list. I am open to suggestions but this would be
for non-computer savvy people to operate and the MythTV interface
hides most of the complexity from them.
Thanks for the input,
Jimmy