Fwd: virtual machine translation tutorial

Jon Riehl

Feb 10, 2010, 2:19:13 PM2/10/10
to myt...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The following was bounced across pypy-dev, and I thought some people
here might find this interesting. To some extent this validates my
strategy of letting Mython handle the front-end and PyPy handle the
back-end.

It would be interesting to write a little language that targets a
little VM and then use the PyPy JIT stuff to make it go fast. Mython
could generate the bytecode at compile-time and either JIT it then and
there, or wait till run time (we could make a machine independence
claim in the later case).

Thanks,
-Jon