Json and stat functions

Andrew Dashin

Feb 11, 2008, 4:31:17 AM2/11/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi guys.

I've tried to compile both mentioned functions and...
As I can see there are makefiles with hardcoded mysql includes path.
And one more problem - I think it is a good idea to use things like
automake/autoconf.

Because
To compile function on linux you need:

gcc -Wall -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/mysql -I. -shared
lib_mysqludf_stat.c -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so

And for example on MacOSX you need:

bash-3.2$ gcc -c lib_mysqludf_stat.c -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/
mysql
bash-3.2$ gcc -bundle -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so lib_mysqludf_stat.o -
undefined dynamic_lookup

And as far as I know automake/autoconf could solve these problems.

ps Why are you not using SVN?

Thanks
--
Andrew Dashin

Roland Bouman

Feb 11, 2008, 4:54:21 AM2/11/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL, Arnold Daniels
Hi Andrew,

> I've tried to compile both mentioned functions and...
> As I can see there are makefiles with hardcoded mysql includes path.

True - you need to change those to fit your system

> And one more problem - I think it is a good idea to use things like
> automake/autoconf.

Well, in principle I agree. However, I automake/autoconf is kind of
black art to me. I am not saying I don't want to use it - It's more
like, I haven't had time to educate myself in this respect, and hence
did not get round to it.

> Because
> To compile function on linux you need:
>
> gcc -Wall -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/mysql -I. -shared
> lib_mysqludf_stat.c -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so
>
> And for example on MacOSX you need:
>
> bash-3.2$ gcc -c lib_mysqludf_stat.c -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/
> mysql
> bash-3.2$ gcc -bundle -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so lib_mysqludf_stat.o -
> undefined dynamic_lookup
>
> And as far as I know automake/autoconf could solve these problems.

Yes, indeed, and like I said, in principle I agree. Can you help me
set it up?

One thing I would also like to have is something that will work for
windows too. Do you have experience in that regard?

> ps Why are you not using SVN?

Well, I'm not sure. Arnold is kindly providing space to host the
repository - let's extend to question:

Arnold, what are your thoughts on setting up some version control
system? Do you think that will be doable, or do you have some concerns
here?

kind regards,

Roland Bouman

> Thanks
> --
> Andrew Dashin

Andrew Dashin

Feb 11, 2008, 5:29:26 AM2/11/08
to Roland Bouman, The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi Roland!

2008/2/11, Roland Bouman <roland...@gmail.com>:

Hi Andrew,

> I've tried to compile both mentioned functions and...
> As I can see there are makefiles with hardcoded mysql includes path.

True - you need to change those to fit your system

> And one more problem - I think it is a good idea to use things like
> automake/autoconf.

Well, in principle I agree. However, I automake/autoconf is kind of
black art to me. I am not saying I don't want to use it - It's more
like, I haven't had time to educate myself in this respect, and hence
did not get round to it.

> Because
> To compile function on linux you need:
>
> gcc -Wall -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/mysql -I. -shared
> lib_mysqludf_stat.c -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so
>
> And for example on MacOSX you need:
>
> bash-3.2$ gcc -c lib_mysqludf_stat.c -I/opt/devel/mysql5.1/include/
> mysql
> bash-3.2$ gcc -bundle -o lib_mysqludf_stat.so lib_mysqludf_stat.o -
> undefined dynamic_lookup
>
> And as far as I know automake/autoconf could solve these problems.

Yes, indeed, and like I said, in principle I agree. Can you help me
set it up?

Okay, a bit later I'll send you scripts. (Do I need to send all into this group?)

One thing I would also like to have  is something that will work for
windows too. Do you have experience in that regard?

> ps Why are you not using SVN?

Well, I'm not sure. Arnold is kindly providing space to host the
repository - let's extend to question:

Arnold, what are your thoughts on setting up some version control
system? Do you think that will be doable, or do you have some concerns
here?

And what about http://code.google.com/hosting/ ? It seems to be fine for such purposes.

kind regards,

Roland Bouman

--
Andrew Dashin
http://AndrewDashin.com

Roland Bouman

Feb 11, 2008, 5:47:11 AM2/11/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi Andrew ;-)

> > Yes, indeed, and like I said, in principle I agree. Can you help me
> > set it up?
>
> Okay, a bit later I'll send you scripts. (Do I need to send all into this
> group?)

You can email them to me, and I'll put it up for grabs at the
repository

(roland dot bouman at gmail dot com)

> > Arnold, what are your thoughts on setting up some version control
> > system? Do you think that will be doable, or do you have some concerns
> > here?
>
> And what abouthttp://code.google.com/hosting/? It seems to be fine for
> such purposes.

I don't have a strong opinion about that. Do they have svn out of the
box?
It seems pretty good to have our own little space (domain) though (not
arguing the advantages of an 'always-on' google site)

Anybody else in the group have any thoughts about this?

Arnold Daniels

Feb 12, 2008, 6:54:14 PM2/12/08
to Roland Bouman, The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi all,

We currently don't supply SVN with our shared hosting. I can have a look to see if I can add this. However I can't put it that high on my prio list right now, since I'm quite busy. I can probably set it up at the beginning of next month.

One of the advantages above hosting at google is that I control the server. So if things are needed I can attend to it (though not instantly).

Best regards,
Arnold

Arnold Daniels

Mar 6, 2008, 5:40:54 AM3/6/08
to pos_ei_don, MySQL UDF Repository
Hi,

Please do not contact me directly here, but ask questions through the
maillist. You can find a link to the google group
(http://groups.google.com/group/mysql-udf-repository) on our website.

The error means that it hasn't found the include files for libxml2
(libxml2.h). It then states where is has looked
(/mnt/mntlibxml2/include/libxml and
/mnt/mnt/libxml2/include/libxml2/libxml). Do a locate to see where the
header files are, they should be in "{prefix}/include/libxml". Use that
prefix for --with-libxml2.

If the lib files are in a path that does end with "include/libxml",
please let me know so I can add that search path in the next release.
For now just all a symlink /mnt/mnt/libxml2/include/libxml2 to where
ever the header files are.

PS. Seen that I don't recognize the paths, I assume your using a custom
build of libxml2. If you're using a .deb package, make sure you install
libxml2-dev.

Good luck,
Arnold