using UDF under MySql 5.0.45 server

oravix

Jun 24, 2008, 10:24:08 AM6/24/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi guys,
I'm a new Mysql user. I would like to use any UDF you let available
from your repository but I'm not able to install it. I use MySQL
server 5.0.45 and I tried to copy .so library path in each possible
lib path (/lib, /usr/lib, /var/lib, /usr/local/lib... under fedora 5);
every time I execute sql query "create function ...returns ... soname
'xxx.so';" I receive an "errno 22: cannot open shared library : No
such file or directory". I saw turnaround the net that many people had
this problem under 5.0.45 version, but nobody resolved it.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Arnold Daniels

Jun 24, 2008, 11:03:51 AM6/24/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi Oravix,

This has been discussed about a month ago. Have a look at
http://groups.google.com/group/mysql-udf-repository/browse_thread/thread/a967d67ba7f27fad#msg_393fd86c3d537b6e

You need to build mysql with --enable-shared in order to use UDFs.

- Arnold

Arnold Daniels

Jun 24, 2008, 12:48:13 PM6/24/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi again,

I didn't look closely enough to the error. This issue looks to be different.

Try mysql_config and have a look at what is says. It should show you if you need /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, /usr/local/mysq/lib, /opt/mysql/lib or maybe something else.

- Arnold