Precompiled mysql-udf win32 binaries?

mc510

Jan 13, 2008, 9:46:51 PM1/13/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Is there a precompiled win32 binary dll of the mysql-udf median
function that would work on Windows 2000? I'm afraid that compiling
it myself (per http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/000376) is
quite a bit beyond my range. Thanks

Roland Bouman

Jan 14, 2008, 3:19:02 AM1/14/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi,

On Jan 14, 3:46 am, mc510 <mc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a precompiled win32 binary dll of the mysql-udf median
> function that would work on Windows 2000? I'm afraid that compiling

Currently not

> it myself (perhttp://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/000376) is
> quite a bit beyond my range. Thanks

Maybe you should have a look at these articles:

http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/000376
http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-mysql-udfs-with-microsoft.html

My bet is you can compile it yourself if you use the instructions in
these articles

Roland Bouman

Jan 14, 2008, 3:42:04 AM1/14/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
Hi!

I just noticed I directed you to the link you referred to yourself.

Sorry - I should have paid more attention.

Anyway, look at my article

http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-mysql-udfs-with-microsoft.html

and decide if you still need help and let us know.

On Jan 14, 9:19 am, Roland Bouman <roland.bou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 14, 3:46 am, mc510 <mc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a precompiled win32 binary dll of the mysql-udf median
> > function that would work on Windows 2000? I'm afraid that compiling
>
> Currently not
>
> > it myself (perhttp://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/000376) is
> > quite a bit beyond my range. Thanks
>
> Maybe you should have a look at these articles:
>
> http://www.mooreds.com/wordpress/archives/000376
http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-mysql-udfs-with-microso...

mc510

Jan 14, 2008, 5:09:56 PM1/14/08
to The UDF Repository for MySQL
thanks roland, that's a fantastic guide that you've prepared ...
detailed and clear enough that maybe I actually could do it myself!
Though, truth be told, I'm still hoping that I can find someone who
has already compiled it ... or maybe I'll just end up doing my project
on ubuntu, where the compiling seems so much more manageable.