Need help in identification of the species

1 view

Hiranmay Ghosh

Nov 30, 2021, 7:08:26 AM11/30/21
to Mysore Nature
Friends
I need your help in identification of the species of the following birds

DSC_5253.jpg

DSC_5251.jpg

Google lens identifies them as White-bellied Minivets (M &F), and they match with the pictures in Grimmett's book also, but eBird.org says it is rare in this region!

Regards
--
Hiranmay Ghosh
17 Mendelevium, Yelwala-KRS Road, Yelwala, Mysore 571130

Balasubramanian Anand

Nov 30, 2021, 7:21:29 AM11/30/21
to hira...@gmail.com, Mysore Nature
Indeed they are white bellied minivets - male and female...a rare find but seen in outskirts of Mysore and chamrajnagar region... Lovely find...

Regards
Balu A

Hiranmay Ghosh

Nov 30, 2021, 7:35:01 AM11/30/21
to Balasubramanian Anand, Mysore Nature
Thanks Balu. I found them in the Bhoomika/Kuberanandasagar Layout area (near Yelwala).
Regards
--
Hiranmay Ghosh
17 Mendelevium, Yelwala-KRS Road, Yelwala, Mysore 571130

Hiranmay Ghosh

Nov 30, 2021, 7:38:55 AM11/30/21
to Balasubramanian Anand, Mysore Nature
I also need help in identifying another couple of species. They are probably Pipits ... but Richard's / Blyth's / Paddyfield?

DSC_5174.jpg

DSC_5181.jpg