Fwd: GM Mustard event at Delhi & seeking financial support..

Sangita

Oct 20, 2016, 2:52:19 AM10/20/16
to myrightto...@googlegroups.com, <organicananthoo@gmail.com>, Farm Relations
Friends
It's time we all came together once again to garner your support on our right to safe foods!
Enough is enough we need no GM entry in our food chain and our voices must be heard on 25 Oct and 7th November. We will be there too.
In solidarity
Sangita

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: ananthoo organic <organic...@gmail.com>
Date: 17 October 2016
Subject: Re: GM Mustard event at Delhi & seeking financial support..

Just wanted to request those of you who have transferred to kindly intimate me.
Those of you who wanted to but forgot, pl take this as a reminder and go ahead;-)
but pl do inform me for us to track and also prepare receipts.
thx n rgds
ananthoo

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 10:43 AM, ananthoo organic <organic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends esp the retailers amongst you,
Kindly read the mail below..
This could be our last chance to save Organic..If GMOs come in the chances of organic and crop diversity will be lost..

so requesting you all to do 2 things:
1/ pl try and urge as many friends of yours to participate in Delhi protest on 25th. also see if u can sponsor and send a group of farmers/consumers/activists to Delhi.

2/ try and pitch in - contribute as much as u can. also solicit from ur friends and consumers and support this mobilisation.

--
Dear Friends,

Some of you are used to me walking up to you seeking financial support by now and u have ofcourse stood by the cause and us and supported us always..so here is the next plea..

This is about our struggle against the approval of GM mustard, which is a herbicide tolerant crop which will certainly increase chemical (weedicide) usage in farms, and also end up displacing poor rural women from their existing source of employment (manual removal of weeds for that day's wages). Some of you who are following the campaign as it unfolded over the past year or so know that we already produced a lot of sound scientific evidence to show why this GM mustard should not be approved - however, the PM himself appears to be very keen on this and amongst many other things that we are doing, we also need to show visible resistance in Delhi now. We are planning a protest under the broad banner of "Sarson Satyagraha" on October 25th on Parliament Street/Jantar Mantar and need financial resources for the same. a lot of farmer groups, consumer forums and individual activists & organisations from across India are participating.. Apart from putting in some personal funds ourselves, we are seeking support from others.  The expenses being: shamiana, food and lodging for one day at Delhi for all those coming from (though most of us will be housed at various Gurudwaras, local transport and food expenses at the venue will have to be met) and travel support to some groups that cannot even afford that. yes, protesting for our right to safe food and telling the govt our concerns come with such hardships..
so kindly stretch a bit and support this with more contributions- from you and from ur friends too..This is our last chance..all organic will be gone soon, if we get this one GM Mustard coming in..more will follow and that shall be the loss of diversity and organic produce for ever..

I write to you, to request you to please contribute if you can. Looking for contributions from 5 thousand rupees upwards.

Requesting you all to transfer asap (by 18th) for us to efficiently plan things. kindly inform me in a separate mail about ur transfer details..
(please don't send "a reply-all mail")
That is important for us to know from where we got the funds and also to send u the receipts.

You can give cash to me if u can catch me before 17th or transfer to the following
details:
Account name: INDIAN SOCIAL ACTION FORUM
Address:
A124/6, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi 110016
Saving Account no. 405023451
Bank: Indian Bank
Branch: Mehrauli Institutional Area Branch, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi 110016
IFSC Code: IDIB000M089

We are just using their accounts/office/help in Delhi and we cannot provide you any tax exemption possibilities with this donation. Hope that doesnt come in the way of your contribution.

and if you can, kindly organise to send some of your friends in Delhi to join us on 25th at the jantar Mantar..also see if u can get a group of farmers/consumers/activists to go to Delhi and participate..that will be a great help too..

Thanks again for all your earlier support and soliciting bigger support this time too..