PyCon Update: Python-compatible syntax for mypy?

Jukka Lehtosalo

Apr 15, 2013, 1:09:00 PM4/15/13
to mypy...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I wrote a blog post about my PyCon visit and a new, Python-compatible syntax idea:

http://mypy-lang.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/pycon-update-python-compatible-syntax.html

The short summary is that mypy may get a 100% Python-compatible syntax in the future! Also Python 2.x support, structural subtyping and real multiple inheritance are being planned.

Quote from the blog post:

It's already weeks since PyCon! Phew, I've been busy recently. Anyway, I had an eventful trip to PyCon in Santa Clara, California. PyCon is the biggest Python conference with about 2500 delegates from all around the world (though most seemed to come from the US).

I had chats with Guido, Armin Rigo (PyPy) and many others. After the conference, I stayed around for a few days in the San Francisco Bay Area and gave a talk at Google Mountain View, and also visited Dropbox in San Francisco.

One of my main goals for the trip was trying to gauge whether mypy is going in the right direction in the eyes of the Python community. There was a lot of interest in the project, but some important issues were raised that I need to discuss in more detail.

Cheers,
Jukka