recording time counter

Issay Issay

Apr 17, 2015, 10:54:45 AM4/17/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the problem i face is the recording counter error. the thing is, that i need to record N seconds and i rely upon the 'currentTime' property. however it starts counting asap, when the recorder starts, while in reality users have first to permit the recording, which usually takes about 10 seconds at the best. in some browsers they have first to permit it in browser, then in flash applet. and with new flash, also to permit the flash execution on the site. in result my counters do lie.

i tried first to initiate a recording, then catch 'camera'==1 and then to restart the recording. it worked for me, but immediately other people told me that it doesn't work on their computers, that the video just goes blank or never starts and so on. i suppose i could delay between these 2 events, but that's already an ugly enough solution.

so, the thing i would suggest is to change the internal behavior of the videoio, to start couting 'currentTime' for recording mode only when the 'camera' property switches to 1. this will ensure, that the counter is valid. it should be a very small and easy thing to do, while it will rid me of a big problem, turning the recorder for me from unusable to a great solution :).

thanks :).