snapShot Picture Size?

jmiller

Aug 8, 2012, 4:17:07 PM8/8/12
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
having an issue when taking a snapshot, the pic size is 320x240 not matter what size I set Camera height and width too;

can I change that anywhere?

I have tried the following with no results;

videoWidth, videoHeight, cameraDimension

setting any of those , does nothing, the camera snapshot is still 320x240,

when I set any bigger the snap develops a white thick border around it.

anyone????

Thanks

Intencity Team

Aug 9, 2012, 11:37:30 AM8/9/12
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, jmiller
Hi,

The size of the snapshot picture is the same as that of the SWF.
Please see takeSnapshot function in
http://code.google.com/p/flash-videoio/source/browse/trunk/VideoIO.as

To change the size of the picture, you can probably tweak that
function to take additional parameters and use that for the size.

Or better yet, change the size of your VideoIO.swf using the embeding
code in HTML/Javascript.
If you used http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/1.html
then just set the width and height parameters of both object and embed
tags to your new value in 4:3 ratio.

Ideally the cameraDimension should be set to be same as that of the
SWF dimension for best view. But if your camera does not support that
specific dimension, it will fail.

Hope this helps!
> --

The Intencity Team http://theintencity.com

Bernhard Niebsch

Oct 29, 2014, 8:57:37 AM10/29/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, joeymi...@gmail.com
Hi everybody,

First of all, great work with videoIO. Thanks for that.

I'm using videoIO to make a video conference between two parties and one party needs to take snapshots during the video conference. I've run into a problem when taking snapshots.  The quality i.e. resolution of the images is not good enough for OCR.

I'm not sure I understood the Intencity Team's reply correctly and unfortunately I do not have enough knowledge about actionscript and flex....
  1. Is it possible to take snapshots in a different/higher resolution than the resolution that is set in the object (<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="VideoIO.swf" id="video1" width="320" height="240">...)?
  2. Can I pass more parameters like 'width' and 'height' to takeSnapshot property?
  3. If 2. is not possible, can the actionscript enhanced to that takeSnapshot property supports those parameters? If yes, can somebody maybe compile a version for me?

Kind regards and many thanks,
Bernhard

kyaw thura maung

Nov 3, 2014, 6:03:37 PM11/3/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com

Full size.

Kyaw

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "myprojectguide" group.

Bernhard Niebsch

Nov 4, 2014, 5:24:03 AM11/4/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, tamut...@gmail.com
Hi Kyaw,
Can you elaborate a little bit more. Unfortunately, I don't get clearly what you mean by "Full size".

Thank you,
Bernhard