Rtmplite and OBS Studio

Nick Gilbert

Feb 19, 2016, 4:36:11 PM2/19/16
to myprojectguide

I'm messing around with Rtmplite. I'm doing this because I have an old computer running SunOS 5.10 that I want to use to stream a friend's screen beside my screen on TwitchTV.

Right now I'm just testing it locally by configuring my streaming software, OBS Studio, to stream to rtmp://[my internal ip]/live with the stream key "test". I go into the directory where I downloaded Rtmplite and start it with the command "python rtmp.py -d" to get debug info.

It seems to start up fine but when I hit start streaming on OBS it just gets stuck saying "connecting..." forever. I know the server is seeing it because it dumps a bunch of text when I hit start streaming looking like it worked but the stream can't seem to get itself going. Here is the output beside my OBS client.

enter image description here

My setup just stays stuck like this until I force quit Rtmplite at which point OBS finally says it can't connect. If anyone can help me resolve this issue I would definitely be grateful!