SIP-RTMP interworking with OpenIMSCore

NicKat

Dec 1, 2011, 8:06:38 AM12/1/11
to myprojectguide
Can I use the SIP-RTMP gateway with OpenIMSCore to enable voice calls
from web terminal to SIP terminal in IMS domain?

Kundan Singh

Dec 5, 2011, 2:39:00 PM12/5/11
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, NicKat
Hey

I haven't done interop with OpenIMSCore.
Is it any different than standard SIP service? As long as the
OpenIMSCore supports basic SIP for registration and call, it should
work seamlessly I think...

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:06 AM, NicKat <nicholas....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I use the SIP-RTMP gateway with OpenIMSCore to enable voice calls
> from web terminal to SIP terminal in IMS domain?
>

> --

Kundan Singh    kund...@gmail.com  http://kundansingh.com

Nick

Dec 6, 2011, 3:20:18 AM12/6/11
to myprojectguide
Hi Kundan,

Thank you for your reply.
From my understanding, there are some differences between IETF SIP and
IMS SIP. Some of the issues that I identified include:-
- IMS SIP requires a greater number of compulsory headers and
private headers (P-headers) eg P-PreferedIdentity, P-AccessNetworkInfo
etc

- IMS SIP requires a greater number of compulsory messages eg 183
session progress, PRACK, UPDATE etc

- There are also some differences with regards to security ie IMS
SIP requires an ISIM application that stores public identities (IMPUs)
and private identities (IMPI) and the authentication key used during
the digest AKA mechanism. IETF SIP however only provides an HTTP
digest based authentication.

If SIP-RTMP uses standard IETF SIP, then I guess I may have to
implement an adaptation entity (eg B2BUA) between the OpenIMSCore and
SIP-RTMP gateway or may have to extend the functionality of the SIP-
RTMP gateway inorder for it to support IMS mechanisms and thus
eliminating the need of an interworking/adaptation entity. My
literature review and work is ongoing, so I'll update you on what I
settle for.

Regards,
Nicholas.

On Dec 5, 9:39 pm, Kundan Singh <kunda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> I haven't done interop with OpenIMSCore.
> Is it any different than standard SIP service? As long as the
> OpenIMSCore supports basic SIP for registration and call, it should
> work seamlessly I think...
>

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:06 AM, NicKat <nicholas.katane...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can I use the SIP-RTMP gateway with OpenIMSCore to enable voice calls
> > from web terminal to SIP terminal in IMS domain?
>
> > --
>
> --

> Kundan Singh    kunda...@gmail.com http://kundansingh.com

Kundan Singh

Dec 6, 2011, 1:42:37 PM12/6/11
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, Nick
Hi Nick,

Thanks for identifying the issues. I can see advantages/problems with
both approaches: (1) modifying existing siprtmp.py, (2) using/building
a separate b2bua.

If you (or someone else) plan to attempt this within the
siprtmp/p2p-sip project scope, I will be happy to help you in
explaining how you can add extensions (headers/messages) using that
Python SIP library.

--
Kundan Singh    kund...@gmail.com  http://kundansingh.com

Nick

Dec 8, 2011, 11:43:08 AM12/8/11
to myprojectguide
Hi Kundan,

Thank you for your reply and for offering to help.
I think I will go for the first option of extending the functionality
of the siprtmp.py.

Further literature search indicates that the developers of the
openIMScore have allowed MD5 authentication, so many SIP clients are
now able to register with the core. However, there still remains other
differences between IMS signaling and SIP signaling which will hinder
a SIP based client/gateway to be able to provide or access the
services and features that the IMS makes possible.

I am hoping to implement this within the next few weeks. I'll be in
touch.

Regards,
Nick.

> Kundan Singh    kunda...@gmail.com http://kundansingh.com

Martin O'Shield

Jan 16, 2016, 11:05:51 PM1/16/16
to myprojectguide
Hello Kudan & Nick,

I know this is a 5 year old thread, but has interconnecting between SIP-RTMP and OpenIMSCore been accomplished yet ?