Ip visibility

mark kiessling

Jan 3, 2015, 2:29:19 PM1/3/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
First, thanks for this great flash app, saved me a lot of headaches.

My only issue now is hiding the URL from people so they do not try to use my rtmp server without permission.

I need to allow any ip in as this will be used for communication 1 to 1 and I am not sure what IP it will be published from.

Is there any way to read the flash vars from a file on the server? This way when someone "views source" they will not see the url that is being published to.

Thanks!

Intencity Team

Jan 4, 2015, 11:22:58 PM1/4/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, mkie...@gmail.com
Hi Mark,

I assume you are talking about flash-videoio project. Let me know if
it is something else.

1) To avoid exposing the rtmp/rtmfp URL in "view source" of the
browser, you can use the setProperty function, as shown in the example
in
http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/10.html
under "property access in javascript. For example,
getFlashMovie("video1").setProperty("src", src_var);

Here src_var could be obtained via Ajax/JavaScript from your web
server, potentially after authentication.

In this way, the value will not be visible in view source, but someone
with JS console may still be able to extract the value of your server
IP.

2) A better alternative is to use authentication on the RTMP path. In
this way, even if someone knows the RTMP server IP address, she will
not be able to connect and use the service, without authentication.

Depending on which server you are using, there are multiple ways to
implement this. For example, prompt the user for user/passwd and then
supply that in RPC call to the RTMP server. Both flash-videoio and
rtmplite have RPC mechanism. Other RTMP servers such as FMS and Red5
should have similar mechanism too.

3) Alternatively, you can wrap the Flash-VideoIO SWF in another SWF
which can hide the RTMP URL supplied to the VideoIO.swf. The
documentation on how to include VideoIO SWF in another Flex app is
shown on the project page.

Hope this helps!

The Intencity Team http://theintencity.com