Fwd: Troubleshooting VideoIO v3.3 with WowzaMediaServer -- Difficulty setting H264Avc videoCodec

Intencity Team

Apr 16, 2015, 1:33:45 PM4/16/15
to jhp...@gmail.com, myproje...@googlegroups.com
Hi J,

I suspect the problem could be either in the timestamp data sent for
video or the metadata sent for video from Flash Player. First question
- do you know if WowzaMediaServer works for recording H264 video from
Flash Player (not from wirecast or live encoder). If yes, can you get
the ActionScript sample code that works with WowzaMediaServer? Then it
will be straightforward to compare it with the open source VideoIO.as
and its video parameters.

One thing I am aware of is that in wirecast, the metadata is sent only
once at the beginning, but in FlashPlayer H.264 publish, the metadata
is sent periodically. This metadata is crucial in displaying the
received video.

If you understand ActionScript you can visit
http://code.google.com/p/flash-videoio/source/browse/trunk/VideoIO.as
and look under "set videoCodec" and "createVideoStreamSettings" functions.

Finally, send your client side code so that I can try with rtmplite to
see if the problem is in client side -- sometimes the order in which
various properties are set could affect the behavior, which will need
to be fixed in VideoIO.

Regards

--
The Intencity Team http://theintencity.com