Non-localhost peer to peer issues

Steve McIntyre

Jul 31, 2014, 6:38:54 PM7/31/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
When testing the p2p example http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/9.html I can view the camera perfectly in two browser windows on the same PC (albeit with very pixelated video stream), but when I try to connect to a PC on another network (home/office or internet), I get nothing but a black screen...

Is this a common issue? Is there a way I can solve this?

If it's useful, I also get these error messages in the Cirrus sample http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cirrus/samples/ on all PCs tested:

ID event: registerFailure
Error description: HTTP update error

With http://cc.rtmfp.net/ showing yellow lights (failures) for the below cases:

* Knows public IP address of self (no NAT)
* Can receive from same IP address, different UDP port number
* Can receive from different IP address, different UDP port number

Thanks in advance, very much appreciate your time,
Steve