createSocket() transport=ws; connecting to ws://178.62.209.229:8088/ws; socket connected=false

Habib Shahid

Dec 12, 2014, 9:12:44 AM12/12/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to use the sip-js webrtc phone with my asterisk 11.11.0, the websocket is asterisk res_http_websocket.so and is listening on port 8088. I have used other webrtc based phones like jssip.net and it works fine but when i try to use the sip-js webrtc setup i get the following error an

createSocket() transport=ws
  connecting to ws://178.62.209.229:8088/ws
socket connected=false

I do get a hit on my server for port 8088 but asterisk doesn't show any websocket request / connection and hence no registrations.

i tried to changing the proxy address port from 5080 to 8088 and then to ws://178.62.209.229:8088/ws and 178.62.209.229:8088/ws and 178.62.209.229:8088, but nothing helps

can you please suggest / advise what am i doing wrong.

Thank You,
Habib

Intencity Team

Jan 4, 2015, 11:26:56 PM1/4/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, habib...@gmail.com
Hi Habib,

I haven't used sip-js with asterisk. But here is what I can suggest.

Capture the logs for the websocket (using tcpdump, wireshark or
something else), and send them to us for the two cases (1) when it
works with jssip.net and (2) when it does not work with sip-js.

I suspect the problem is pretty trivial, like, incorrect URL path or
authentication. But hard to know without the logs.

Thanks

The Intencity Team http://theintencity.com