Publish the remote stream

Masoud Fathi

Dec 8, 2014, 6:38:14 AM12/8/14
to myproje...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys and thank you for the excellent libraries,

Currently using the SIP-RTMP gateway to manage the SIP calls, I am wondering if there is a way to publish the incoming stream (remote) back on a media server?

Thank you in advance :)

Intencity Team

Jan 4, 2015, 11:34:27 PM1/4/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, maso...@gmail.com
Hi Masoud,

Sorry for the delay in response. Please see below if not already solved...

1) If your client is not Flash Player: The rtmplite project has a
rtmpclient.py module which allows you to publish local file to a RTMP
server or one RTMP stream from one server to another. See the "copy"
command or function. You can probably use code from that module in
your client code.

2) If your client is Flash Player: I don't think this is possible in
ActionScript. i.e., you can either do publish or play on a NetStream,
not both. I may be wrong. But one alternative is as follows: I believe
siprtmp.py allows multiple players for the "remote" stream in a call.
So you can use the rtmpclient.py (see (1) above) to copy that "remote"
stream to another stream on another or same server. You will need to
run this app on the server side, and invoke it (e.g., via CGI or
rtmp.py's RPC) from your client page.

3) You can modify the siprtmp.py code to take rtmpclient.py module and
republish the "remote" stream of the call to another place as needed.

I like (3) best, because it keeps everything hidden from the client,
and since siprtmp.py/rtmpclient.py are simple/small code, it should be
relatively easy to accomplish.

Hope this helps!
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "myprojectguide" group.
> email to myprojectguid...@googlegroups.com.

The Intencity Team http://theintencity.com

Masoud Fathi

Jan 7, 2015, 10:06:02 AM1/7/15
to myproje...@googlegroups.com, maso...@gmail.com
Hello The Intencity Team and happy 2015,

Thank you for taking your time to answer and to provide me the clear explanations.

As the client is Flash Player, we have two choices. I think also that we will go with the third solution, struggling with Python ;)

Thank you again,
Best regards