Re: VideoIO Issue #42

Intencity Team

Dec 27, 2015, 1:26:14 PM12/27/15
to Matthew Spynda, myproje...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay...

The current code is designed to keep only one of Video (live video), VideoDisplay (stored video) or Image (poster).

There are corresponding attachPoster, detachPoster, attachVideo and detachVideo (or load/unload for VideoDisplay) functions in

You can perhaps check for low FPS in currentTimerHandler (line 3526), and try calling these functions.
If that does not work, then try keeping both poster Image and Video at the same time, and use setChildIndex(child, index) on the parent canvas to re-order them, so that Image is on top when FPS is low.

Hope this helps!

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Matthew Spynda <msp...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi,

 I'm interested in this function but i've grown frustrated trying to impliment it. I don't suppose you ever had any ambitions of taking this on for completion sake? My Initial idea was to check the video frame rate at interval and if it drops below a certain threshold, reattach the poster. But i'm hitting all sorts of walls trying to test it and i'm actually very new to this. The current behaviour I get with an object in play mode is:

 Poster shown.
 (-Start streaming into server-)
 Poster is detached automatically
 Live video is playing
 (-Remote streamer drops-)
 Frozen image is static.
 (-Start streaming into server-)
 Frozen image detaches and live video playing again.

 The desired function is that the poster would return instead of the frozen video. I've looked for ways to impliment this server side and my hands are up in the air at this point. I know the project is long behind you. But this is confusing to the users where I am implimenting this and VideoIO, this aside, is actually very nice work and quite ideal for my use. They see a frozen image and assume the person is just stuck. They don't understand the camera position is now available. The poster is sort of a mental cue that the camera position is available to them.

 Any insight or help would be appreciated, I've got a few hours in on this already and very little to show for it. Thanks!

 - Matt

--
The Intencity Team  http://theintencity.com
Message has been deleted