sendNotification not playing sound in HABDroid

blaze bryant

Jul 31, 2015, 12:21:10 PM7/31/15
to my.openHAB
I'm working on setting up my.openhab to use sendNotification to my cell using the HABDroid 1.7.0.1.  I have tried different Ring tone's and but notification's are not alerting me anyway as a popup or sound.  I can see them if i hit the three lines and Notifications so they are coming through.  Is this by design or am I missing a setting somewhere in openhab, my.openhab, or in habdroid?

Victor Belov

Jul 31, 2015, 12:37:24 PM7/31/15
to blaze bryant, my.openHAB
Hi,

Please check if your device appears under devices menu in my.openhab.org

Sent from my iPhone

On 31 Jul 2015, at 19:21, blaze bryant <natura...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm working on setting up my.openhab to use sendNotification to my cell using the HABDroid 1.7.0.1.  I have tried different Ring tone's and but notification's are not alerting me anyway as a popup or sound.  I can see them if i hit the three lines and Notifications so they are coming through.  Is this by design or am I missing a setting somewhere in openhab, my.openhab, or in habdroid?

blaze bryant

Jul 31, 2015, 12:45:59 PM7/31/15
to Victor Belov, my.openHAB

Yeah, my device appears and if I go into the HABDroid app and go to the notifications I see the notifications there.  I was wanting to get some sort of notification on my phone like when I get an email or even some sort of sound when a new notification comes in. I didn't know if that was possible or not.

Victor Belov

Jul 31, 2015, 12:49:53 PM7/31/15
to blaze bryant, my.openHAB
Great. There is an input there to send a message to your device. Send something and look if you receive notification?

Sent from my iPhone

blaze bryant

Jul 31, 2015, 4:27:31 PM7/31/15
to Victor Belov, my.openHAB

I think it was my phone.  I recently had to switch phones as I cracked my screen and was having problems with my email syncing too.  I tried the test and it said success but never got anything.  So I just reinitialized it to see if that would fix my gmail sync.  Gmail is syncing now and the test and sendNotification is working fine.

Victor Belov

Jul 31, 2015, 4:29:03 PM7/31/15
to blaze bryant, my.openHAB
Great! Enjoy your notifications!