ifttt debugging

dan cunningham

Jul 2, 2015, 3:16:14 PM7/2/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to implement a simple recipe for a DO button to turn off a light.  I select my light from the drop down list and then enter OFF in the   command to send.  Unfortunately nothing happens on my end and I don't see anything in my logs when I execute this in the DO app.  Are there any tips on how to debug what might be going on? Thanks!

Screenshot - 07022015 - 01:15:19 PM.png

Victor Belov

Jul 2, 2015, 3:19:31 PM7/2/15
to dan cunningham, myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all start openHAB in debug mode (start_debug). When IFTTT openHAB action is fired you should see the command coming from my.openHAB in openHAB log, when in debug mode. If you don't see anything, come back and I will try to find your actions in my.openHAB log and see what happens.

Best regards,
Victor Belov

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 10:16 PM, dan cunningham <d...@digitaldan.com> wrote:
I am trying to implement a simple recipe for a DO button to turn off a light.  I select my light from the drop down list and then enter OFF in the   command to send.  Unfortunately nothing happens on my end and I don't see anything in my logs when I execute this in the DO app.  Are there any tips on how to debug what might be going on? Thanks!

Screenshot - 07022015 - 01:15:19 PM.png

dan cunningham

Jul 2, 2015, 3:36:00 PM7/2/15
to Victor Belov, myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi victor, thanks for the reply , there's nothing happening on my end in debug logging, I have not looked at the my.openhab binding code, is my.openhab using a connection established on my side to send the command back through?

Victor Belov

Dries Dokter

Jul 10, 2015, 3:20:52 AM7/10/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, belov...@gmail.com
I have the exact same issue. It does show all my items, I have a dropdown on IFTTT with these items, but nothing shows in my my.openhab logging or in the openhab.log
I have no issues using my.openhab as my external url (everything works fine there)..

Did you find a solution in the mean time?

Victor Belov

Jul 10, 2015, 3:25:35 AM7/10/15
to Dries Dokter, myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, looks like we need to do some online debugging. You will be sending commands through IFTTT and I will be looking what happens in my.OH cloud. When can you do that?

Best regards,
Victor Belov

dan cunningham

Jul 15, 2015, 3:23:11 PM7/15/15
to Victor Belov, Dries Dokter, myop...@googlegroups.com
Victor, I still have this issue, let me know when you have time to look and I can test.

Victor Belov

Jul 20, 2015, 4:48:45 PM7/20/15
to dan cunningham, Dries Dokter, myop...@googlegroups.com
We can do it tomorrow either before 10:00 GMT or after 19:00 GMT. Will you be available?

Dries Dokter

Jul 30, 2015, 2:26:21 AM7/30/15
to my.openHAB
As I thought this was not directed at me I did not reply, however I still have this issues. And it would be great if we could create some logging to find out what is wrong, are you still available?