OPENHAB Server requests password when I am on my local LAN

Martin Klimke

Jun 28, 2015, 10:25:54 AM6/28/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
HI,

I have tried to activite myopenhab.
Access from outside works. Although the weather binding and the related web Ui do not seem to be compatible.

When I am on my local lan, the OPENHAB server also requests a password, which I would like to avoid.

Any idea?

regards
Martin

Victor Belov

Jul 9, 2015, 5:15:53 PM7/9/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, martin...@gmail.com
Hi,

Do you mean Classic UI through Web browser?

Jaco

Jul 18, 2015, 10:30:42 AM7/18/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
Hello Martin,

Did you fill in the right setting in openhab.cfg?

# the Netmask to define a range of internal IP-Addresses which doesn't require
# authorization (optional, defaults to '192.168.1.0/24')
security:netmask=10.0.1.0/24

Where, in normal circumstances, you only have to change the first 3 octets.
For example:
If the IP-address of your computer is 192.168.1.21 the security:netmask needs to be  192.168.1.0/24
If the IP-address of your computer is 10.0.1.18 the security:netmast needs to be  10.0.1.0/24

Regards Jaco

Martin Klimke

Jul 19, 2015, 4:31:45 AM7/19/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com

@Jaco. Thanks for the explanation, I will try once again
@Victor: Yes, both the classic UI on the Web browser and also the iphone App will not display weburl that are served from the OPENHAB server

regards
Martin

Victor Belov

Jul 20, 2015, 4:45:53 PM7/20/15
to Martin Klimke, myop...@googlegroups.com
Ok, then I would suggest you adopt your openhab.cfg security settings as suggested by Jaco!