Refreshing My.OpenHAB

Rob Goodman

Jul 5, 2015, 1:18:37 PM7/5/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just started using OpenHAB and My.OpenHAB and so far, so good. However, I changed the names of some of the Items in the .ITEMS file and it does not seem to be reflected in either here, https://my.openhab.org/items or on IFTTT.

Although I do see them correctly listed here: https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=MySite#_Home

I restarted my server but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas what I should be doing?

Thank you.

Victor Belov

Jul 5, 2015, 3:02:40 PM7/5/15
to Rob Goodman, myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

my.openHAB doesn't know if you deleted or renamed your items, it only looks at data which comes to it through persistence. So there should be both items with old names and new names in my.openHAB and as a result in IFTTT list.
However you have to changed items in your IFTTT recipes cause again, nobody knows that you renamed those items but you :-)

Best regards,
Victor Belov

Rob Goodman

Jul 6, 2015, 3:01:01 AM7/6/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, robb...@gmail.com
Hi Victor,

Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate your help.

However, I am a bit confused. In IFTTT, I don't see any new items, only old. Additionally, on the My.openHAB site, on the Events page, it is only showing Events from a few days ago and those Events are on old items. No new Items are showing up. I assume my connection is working correctly because the https://my.openhab.org/openhab.app?sitemap=MySite is showing the changes I've made.

Is there a file I need to update or change the configuration for new items to appear?

Thank you.

-Rob

Victor Belov

Jul 9, 2015, 5:13:10 PM7/9/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, robb...@gmail.com
Hi,

Basically I only see just several events from your openHAB dated with 03.07 and nothing after that, which means persistence data is not coming from it.
Did you try to restart openHAB? I'm afraid it is kind of problem with persistence in openHAB maybe.

Rob Goodman

Jul 9, 2015, 9:02:41 PM7/9/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, robb...@gmail.com
Hi Victor,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review my openHAB configurations.

I had restarted openHAB a few days ago but it didn't seem to make a difference. I just now shut it down, removed the PERSIST file, added a new PERSIST file (with the original code), restarted and now it is seeing everything!

Thank you for all the help. I am so glad it is now working.

-Rob

Bob Dickenson

Jul 16, 2015, 2:59:24 PM7/16/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com, robb...@gmail.com
I had same problem as Rob did.  Restored my original myopenhab.persist ( with * : strategy = everyChange strategy) and event log did resume.

FYI -- I had originally had this "all variables persisted" and decided to restrict it to keep out some group-level "noise" on myopenhab.
My substitute persistence file change from " *: strategy=everyChange: to a set of wildcards:

co* : strategy =everyChange  //contact items
sw* : strategy=everyChange  //switch items
di*  : strategy=everyChange  //dimmer items

when I implemented this persistence config, all event logging to myopenhab ceased.   (//comments NOT in the persistence file, here for context)

when I restored "* :strategy=everyChange" , event logging to myopenhab resumed.