Problem with persistence since my.openhab activation

Arnold Maderthaner

Jul 15, 2015, 5:50:13 AM7/15/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I enabled my.openhab service on my openhab installation and it is working fine. What I noticed is that my locally rrd4j setuped stopped after the activation of this (I store Temperature value in rrd4j for a Chart).
If I disable the my.openhab persistence then rrd4j is used again.
Where can I configure that both (or depending on the Item) persistences should be used ?

my current rrd4j.persist looks like this:

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
        // for rrd charts, we need a cron strategy
        everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
}

Items {
        // let's only store temperature values in rrd
        Temperature*,Wettergrafik* : strategy = everyMinute, restoreOnStartup
}

and my current my.openhab setup:

Strategies {
default = everyChange
}
Items {
* : strategy = everyChange
}

Arnold Maderthaner

Jul 20, 2015, 4:44:03 AM7/20/15
to myop...@googlegroups.com
anyone can help on this ?

Victor Belov

Jul 20, 2015, 4:43:18 PM7/20/15
to Arnold Maderthaner, myop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Arnold, unfortunately I have no idea why it doesn't work. Do you mean rrd4j stopped recording values by "my locally rrd4j setuped stopped"?

Best regards,
Victor Belov

Siegfried H.

Jul 22, 2015, 4:53:55 AM7/22/15
to my.openHAB

anyone can help on this ?

I have almost the same setup than you have and in my case both persistence services (rrd4j and myopenhab) work.
Keep in mind that rrd4j does not always save data, for example if a value does not change it will not store that "unchanged" value.
In my case I have four rrd4j persistence services and only one has current values. The other tree didn't change and the persistence file under /etc/rrd4j/ still has a date flag from two days ago ...

Good luck, Siegfried