Myna Issue

Tony Zakula

Sep 8, 2010, 10:21:38 PM9/8/10
to mynajs-general
While it is a small issue, I noticed when there isn't any default page in the default directory, you get a script timeout and error.  To create the issue, just rename the index.html to indexold.html and make a request.

Thanks!

Tony Z

Mark Porter

Sep 8, 2010, 10:37:33 PM9/8/10
to mynajs-...@googlegroups.com

Nice catch. I'll check it out. I'm looking for an excuse for new release anyway. I just added a commandline mode that allows for writing shell scripts that run independent of the app server.

Tony Zakula

Sep 8, 2010, 10:42:01 PM9/8/10
to mynajs-...@googlegroups.com
Great.  I do quite a bit of admin work with the app server.  Will be interested to see that.

Mark Porter

Sep 9, 2010, 11:40:30 AM9/9/10
to mynajs-...@googlegroups.com
I have uploaded a fixed zip to http://drop.io/myna_debug/asset/myna-server-1-0-beta-6-1-zip

I also added the ability to end your URL with "_index" to force a file listing even if there is a valid index file.

Have a look at "Myna Commandline" in the API docs for a description of how commandline mode works (and let me know if it makes sense)

Mark Porter

Myna JavaScript Application Server
Easy web development with server-side JavaScript
http://www.mynajs.org

Tony Zakula

Sep 10, 2010, 10:00:45 AM9/10/10
to mynajs-...@googlegroups.com
I have it.  I will let you know as soon as I get a chance to try it out.

Thanks!

Tony Zakula

Sep 10, 2010, 10:47:27 PM9/10/10
to mynajs-...@googlegroups.com
So what exactly happens when you use the command line?  An instance of Myna is started up, the script is run, and then Myna shuts down?  Just wondering what is available to the Myna scripts and what is in the environment.

Thanks,

Tony