MyMaps for Mobile

dean

Aug 5, 2008, 1:58:52 AM8/5/08
to mymapsmobile
Appears that few people are interested in loading their MyMaps in GMM.
Here is an easy way for devices that support it (Curve, N95, others?)
1. Collaborate your MyMap with mymaps...@smtp2web.com
2. Head over to http://mymapsmobile.appspot.com and login with your
google account
3. Click on the map icon

You can also send a link to any kml file:
1. Create email in GMail
2. put name of the kml file in Subject
3. paste link to a kml file in the message body
4. send email to mymaps...@smtp2web.com
5. see it at http://mymapsmobile.appspot.com

DanV

Aug 27, 2008, 10:29:29 AM8/27/08
to MyMaps for Mobile
I cannot seem to get this to work on my iphone 3g. I did the
following:

1. collaborated wth mamapsmobile (no error)
2. On the iphone, I went to mymapsmobile.appspot.com. Saw the two
shortcuts with my map (bike mltns to home) (I accidentally invited the
smtp2web twice, once with modify capabilities, once without)
3. I click on the map icon and I get "No results found. OK" in the
googlemaps application.
4. I go back to Safari and clikc on "Short url" and it says "you can
load bike mltns to home map in your Google Mpas for Mobile by typing
the above url in the searchbox."
5. I click in the address bar that says http://mymapsmobile.appsot...
6. I type http://ur.ly/4I
7. I get "Safari can't download this file. OK"

What did I do wrong?