Google My Maps natively on iPhone

jruths

Jul 28, 2009, 12:32:35 PM7/28/09
to MyMaps for Mobile
All,

I was very surprised that neither Google or Apple decided to
implement the Google My Maps functionality on the iPhone. I just
finished writing an app that enables viewing and navigating with your
Google My Maps. Despite the few hurdles involved, the app is quite
seamless and easy to use. More importantly all the html detail you
painstakingly added in Google My Maps is visible. The maps are stored
locally on your iPhone so they are quick to load. You can create
routes between any/all of the locations that you select in your loaded
Maps. The app is "My Maps" and here is a direct link (this will open
the App Store in iTunes):

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=321930101&mt=8

Although this is a plug for my own app, I definitely think this will
address all of the concerns and finally enable us all to use Google My
Maps more natively on the iPhone. I am ready to give the first 3
people who respond to this post a promo code for a free download so
that the community (via your reviews) can see that the app works well
and addresses this issue. Thanks and happy mapping!

ers

Sep 10, 2009, 5:34:03 PM9/10/09
to MyMaps for Mobile
Hi Ruth,
To store the custom maps locally (i.e. to use off-line) on iPhone
seems to me quite useful functionality.
I would be happy to review "My Maps" and give you my feed-back &
opinion. Let me know.
Cheers, Ers.