move licence from old Android phone to new

Jeff Smith

Sep 3, 2019, 9:19:42 PM9/3/19
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I am trading in my old phone and will factory reset, then get my new phone to install everything again.
Is there any important things I have to do for my Android mlo pro license?

Jeff Smith

Sep 3, 2019, 11:33:07 PM9/3/19
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you I did buy MLO desktop the other day so I am using WiFi sync. I think I better make sure I save a backup of tasks before I sync the new phone in case it creates duplicates

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, 21:12 Dwight Arthur <mai...@dwightarthur.us> wrote:

You need three things after installing the app. (I learned this because I recently made the clumsy mistake of unintentionally uninstalling the app.) First, the activation code. This will re-enable your pro license, but you will have no views, no tasks, etc.

Second, your profile. This restores your settings, views, etc. Go to Settings>Backup/restore profile on your old phone, turn on both options and backup to a file. You will be offered an opportunity to email the backup, email it to yourself. On the new phone, after loading the activation code, download the profile backup file to the Downloads folder. Go to Settings>Backup/Restore profile , pick the file you just downloaded and restore it

Third, your tasks. I understand that profile restore says that it does your tasks but I am never 100% comfortable that's enough. If you have your tasks synched to cloud or to a wifi destination, hook the new phone up to synch and run the synch process.

That should do it

-Dwight

Dwight Arthur

Sep 4, 2019, 12:05:23 AM9/4/19
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com

Pro tip: do your first full synch from your new phone BEFORE any attempts to use MLO on the phone. If you even THINK about creating a task on the new phone, MLO will create an INBOX on the phone which is not the same as the inbox on your desktop, it will end up duplicated and the duplicated inbox is very hard to kill possibly requiring the use of garlic and a wooden stake (joke, do not attempt to put garlic into your inbox)

-Dwight

Jeff Smith

Sep 13, 2019, 10:41:44 AM9/13/19
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dwight, all of the tips helped and I now have it working as expected on the new phone with wifi sync

--
 "It is not what I believe that will make-or-break; It is what I'm doing about it." --Jefferson Smith