Layout is off in iPad SplitView landscape mode

mpemburn

Jun 1, 2012, 10:13:28 PM6/1/12
to myLauncher
Hi,

Man, I am so impressed with myLauncher -- it is going to make a huge
improvement in the appearance and usability of my app!

Only have one problem that I'm hoping you can help me with: The app
is for the iPad, and runs under a SplitView controller. In portrait
mode, it works just fine. When rotated to landscape, the horizontal
layout of the icons gets weird. On the first screen, it shows three
icons and half of the fourth. On the second page, it shows the other
half of that icon and bunches the first two so that they overlap. I
expect it's a matter of telling myLauncher to use 704 pixels across
rather than 1024 when in landscape. Can you tell me where I'd make
that change?

Thanks!

Mark

mpemburn

Jun 4, 2012, 1:12:27 PM6/4/12
to myLauncher
I figured this one out myself. It's in MyLauncherView:

static const int iPadLandscapeColumnCount = 4; //*** Changed from 5;
static const CGFloat iPadLandscapeXPadding = 50; //*** Changed from
80;

It would be great if this could be settable via a
MyLauncherViewController.

Regards,

Mark

Jarada

Jul 1, 2012, 10:38:57 AM7/1/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. I will add this as an issue to have a better way of modifying (overriding) these constants in code.