integrating myLauncher with another app

angel perez

Mar 22, 2012, 6:22:58 AM3/22/12
to myLauncher
Hi all. I am using another app as a base with many views. one of
these views is myLauncher. The problem is that once it is selected and
i try to change device' orientation i always receive "Thread: Program
received signal: 'EXC_BAD_ACCESS' " by pointing to everything
regarding "layoutLauncher" and "layoutLauncherAnimated".

Can anyone give any hint? Thanks,
Angel.

Jarada

Mar 22, 2012, 9:25:11 AM3/22/12
to myLauncher
Hi Angel,

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, as I'm not able to
replicate your code on my end. In fact, I also have a codebase which
integrates myLauncher into an app with many different views, rather
then having myLauncher as the base, with no problems at all.

An EXC_BAD_ACCESS usually means a memory management error. Perhaps you
could try running the application under Zombies (Product > Profile and
select Zombies from within instruments) to try and track down the
memory error.

Cheers,

Jarada

angel perez

Mar 23, 2012, 8:17:06 AM3/23/12
to myLauncher
thanks!!. i will try it.
Angel.

angel perez

May 6, 2012, 1:33:05 PM5/6/12
to myLauncher
Hi again. Is there any chance i can release "layoutItems"?. Even
solving another leaks of memory, i couldnt find a way to fix that
memory error and is pointing to [MyLauncherView layoutItems] (i know
that by using the app under zombies)

Thanks a lot.

Jarada

May 11, 2012, 11:05:27 AM5/11/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angel,

[MyLauncherView layoutItems] is a method with a void return type, so it's obviously something inside that method that's causing you issues. Are you using ARC? Or is this a non-ARC app? As ARC should really deal with these memory issues.

Are you able to pinpoint where in "layoutItems" the error is occurring?

angel perez

May 24, 2012, 4:58:25 AM5/24/12
to myLauncher
hi Jarada, thanks you so much.

You were right, i wasnt using ARC so i changed that and it works
without any problem ^^.