Deleting items doesn't work reliably

mpemburn

Jun 12, 2012, 7:57:21 AM6/12/12
to myLauncher
Hi,

I've integrated myLauncher with my app and nearly everything works
beautifully. The one thing that does not is deleting items -- the
'closeButton' does not receive the UIControlEventTouchUpInside
reliably. Is there anything one can do to improve this? I'd be
willing to sacrifice the the 'pulsing' animation (though I haven't yet
figured out where this is initiated).

Thanks!

Mark

CBredlow

Jun 14, 2012, 10:55:14 AM6/14/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Pulsing animation starts in the animateItems method, inside myLauncherView class. I don't have an answer for fixing the close, as my implementation has all the editing functions completely removed.

Jarada

Jul 1, 2012, 10:44:47 AM7/1/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

Try modifying myLauncherItem lines 97ish, from:

self.closeButton.frame = CGRectMake(itemImageX-10, itemImageY-10, 30, 30);

[self.closeButton setImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"close"] forState:UIControlStateNormal];

self.closeButton.frame = CGRectMake(itemImageX-15, itemImageY-15, 35, 35);

[self.closeButton setImage:[UIImage imageNamed:@"close"] forState:UIControlStateNormal];

[self.closeButton setImageEdgeInsets:UIEdgeInsetsMake(5, 5, 5, 5)];

This will make the button bigger (and more easier to touch) but keep the image the same size. Feel free to play around with the numbers and let me know how you get on.

Cheers