Custom MyLauncherItem ?

Nicolas Desjardins

Jun 23, 2012, 2:06:36 PM6/23/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

is there a way to configure a MyLauncherItem.  Specifically, I dont want to launch a viewController on touch of an item. I would like to give n object (that implements a protocol or maybe give the selector to call) that will do whatever i want.

Is there already a way to do that?

thanks,

Jarada

Jul 1, 2012, 10:48:13 AM7/1/12
to mylau...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nicolas,

Indeed you can, I have actually done this myself to present views using the standard Modal display (with which you lose the effect from).

What you want to do, in your RootViewController (which extends MyLauncherViewController), override the methods launcherViewItemSelected: and closeView.

Use launcherViewItemSelected to respond to the item loaded (you can use the item's controllerStr for your own means as a key for whatever) and closeView as a dismissal.

Overriding these without calling super will indicate your intention to manage launching items manually yourself, so if you override these two methods and leave them empty, you'll notice tapping on items has no effect.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers