file storage

Scott Newson

Apr 12, 2009, 3:32:44 PM4/12/09
to MyHomeYourHome
Rachel and I discussed the idea of making available the 'source' files of our the project's graphic design.
Making the Adobe Illustrator files available as well as PDFs.

This would be to allow easy remixing of whatever we create graphically (just like we do with the text).

It is possible to host up to 100 MB on the google group. I doubt that this will be enough for the really large files. but perhaps some of the basic ones like our logo could go there.

google group files:
http://groups.google.ca/group/myhomeyourhome/files

Any other ideas for hosting files publicly?
The wiki is limited in the file formats that it will accept, so it can't do adobe files for example.

Randy Fisher

Apr 12, 2009, 4:36:23 PM4/12/09
to myhomey...@googlegroups.com, Jim Tittsler
Hi Scott,

You can post a pdf of the file on WikiEducator, as far as I understand.

So, the Adobe Illustrator could be posted as a PDF file, unless you could save it to an open file format

Jim, have I got this right?

- Randy
--
Randy Fisher

+ 1 604.684.2275 (Pacific Time)
wiki...@gmail.com

http://www.wikieducator.org - Member, WikiEducator Community Council
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Randyfisher

* Can You Do the Wiki-Wiki? http://www.wikieducator.org/Wiki_Wiki

Skype: wikirandy

"Open Education is a Sustainable & Renewable Resource.

* For faster and greater ROI, please encourage Philanthropists to require that any content written under their grants / funding,  be released as free and open source content.