Sponsors?

Scott Newson

Apr 30, 2009, 2:39:52 PM4/30/09
to MyHomeYourHome
Hello all,

In a long term sense, how do people feel about approaching businesses or other groups and asking for them to give us free stuff? This usually means having to thank them in some fashion, saying that they're awesome and all that.

I'm specifically thinking about someone like Cisco giving us a 'smart home' setup. I talked to someone at the BCNET tech conference a couple days back and the rep seemed excited. We could also look at talking to people who provide building materials, such as place on Granville.

Thoughts?

Scott

Randy Fisher

Apr 30, 2009, 2:56:26 PM4/30/09
to myhomey...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

Write them a letter - write it up on WikiEd, and I'll make a few comments. Categorize it as marketing, and fundraising.

Also, point to the fact that you're connected to WikiEducator - a global community of 9,000 educators around the globe, and a top 100,000 website, etc.

Cheers,

- Randy
--
________________
Randy Fisher, MA,.OMD

* Change Management & Performance
* Organization Design & Development
* Stakeholder Engagement & Community-Building
* Coaching & Facilitation
* Open Education/E-Learning

+ 1 604.684.2275 (Pacific Time)
  wiki...@gmail.com

http://www.wikieducator.org - Member, WikiEducator Community Council
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Randyfisher

* Can You Do the Wiki-Wiki? http://www.wikieducator.org/Wiki_Wiki

Skype: wikirandy

"Open Education is a Sustainable & Renewable Resource.