The Jewish Renaissance

ניסן לברון Nissan Levron

Nov 12, 2020, 12:57:38 PM11/12/20

I am an Israeli, who served in the Israeli army, spent 10 years in the Jewish communities of US and Europe, and made teshuva about 40 years ago.

From that perspective, I can testify that the Jewish people are going through a spiritual renaissance.

When I was growing up in Israel in the 1960’s, the general atmosphere was strongly anti-Torah. liveing in Rome in the 1970’s, I noticed there was little Orthodox Jewish presence.

But this has changed. There is a huge renewal of the bond of Jews to the Jewish faith. Many Jews are making teshuva around the world. Jews are coming closer to their Jewish identity and mitzvah observance. At a recent survey, 80% of Israeli Jews declared they believe in Hashem. Torah classes abound. For example, one can walk into a car repair garage on the outskirts of an Israeli city and find the workers learning Torah together during their lunchbreak.

Far from the public spotlight, many major figures on the Israeli public scene have some connection to Torah – either a family member who is a baal teshuva, or they themselves choose to learn Torah or observe some mitzvot. Famous Israeli musicians and artists speak openly about their love of Hashem.

The Jewish communities around the world are also strengthening their Torah observance. When I went back to Italy in 2005, I was happily surprised to see many signs of Torah living among the Jews there.

The Jewish prophets have said that towards the end of time, the Jewish people will make teshuva, and then they will be redeemed. So things are going in a good direction.

--
בברכה,
ניסן לברון