Equipment for sale + free stuff!

Megan DeLeeuw

Feb 7, 2019, 5:10:07 PM2/7/19
to Unname, Unname

Hey All,

We are doing some major re-prioritizing this year and want to unload a few specialized tools we picked up when we had a contract with Busch’s and were working towards creating a food processing facility on our farm to process mass amounts of salad greens. We have a 300 gal stainless steel milk tank, a R2 Rinaldi 23” power harrow and a drill-powered greens harvester. I am negotiable on price and motivated to move these babies so I can invest in other project on the farm:)

here is what we’ve got:

300 gal milk tank w/lids (4’1”x4’x3’ tall): Paid $1100 delivered from D&M Dairy in 2015. Would be great for food processing or of course dairy.

Quick greens harvester: Paid $559 in 2015. Used for one year and well maintained, great condition. Love this tool and saves a ton of time but just don’t need it.

Power Harrow, R2 Rinaldi 23”—hooks up to most BCS, tills by stirring soil rather than flipping: Paid $1,869 in December of 2014. Used this for a year when we had intensive cropping in one field to reduce impact on soil. Great tool but I don’t need two different types of tillage right now so am keeping my rotary tiller and getting rid of this one which can’t break up new ground.

FREE STUFF:

1/2 “ conduit for quick hoops, will cover (2) 3’ beds and pathway AND row cover: FREE—I have hundreds of these. i was super excited about quick hoops but didn’t appreciate how damn windy it is on our farm. No type of soil staple or soil bag could keep quick hoops fabric in place! I am officially giving up. Hopefully someone else can use.

Dolomitic lime—35, 50# bags: FREE—although might be solid by now. They have been in the barn since 2010.

100’ long caterpillar tunnel made of metal fencing that I bent (poorly) with a johnny’s hoop bender. FREE! You have to come and deconstruct though. Could be fixed up probably or bent metal used for other purposes.

Please contact me if you are interested. I will also be at the food summit next week so could chat then.

Cheers,

Megan

--

Megan DeLeeuw/ Farmer & Owner