New Restaurant/Bar Looking for Growers! (Ferndale)

Alexis Bogdanova-Hanna

Feb 17, 2012, 11:20:08 PM2/17/12
to Michigan Young Farmer Coalition, Rick Halberg, benjamin gluck, Allison Kaplan
Hello MYFC Folks,
A friend of the HAVEN Garden Project, Rick Halberg, will be opening a restaurant and bar in Ferndale this spring.  He's looking to connect with local growers in SE Michigan to source produce and other farm-produced items.  Please consider contacting him directly if you would like to explore the possibility of supplying him with your beautiful products.  His contact information and a short description of his project and needs follows:
-Alexis

Please allow me to introduce myself….

My name is Rick Halberg and I am the co-owner of Local Kitchen & Bar in Ferndale. Local is going to be
a fantastic restaurant and gathering place for the community, serving “well-crafted comfort food and
drinks”.

I am trying to establish relationships with area farms in the effort to utilize as much locally raised food as
possible while still maintaining fiscal responsibility. I have been involved in the restaurant scene in the
area for over 30 years and know and respect the value of “real food”.

I can be reached directly at 248.756.7846, my email address is: ri...@localkitchenandbar.com

Thanks for your consideration,

Looking forward to feeding you!

Rick Halberg

Local Kitchen & Bar

--
Alexis Bogdanova-Hanna

External Relations & Media Management
Michigan Young Farmer Coalition

Program Coordinator
Fresh Food Share at Gleaners Community Food Bank

Treasurer
Go Lightly Agriscience Advisory Board