Fwd: 8/21 Homegrown Harvest Festival at Nature & Nurture Farm

Mike Levine

Aug 14, 2021, 7:52:54 AM8/14/21

Join us at Nature & Nurture Farm for an evening of good food, good people, and good music!
When: Sat, Aug 21st, 4:00pm-12:00 am or when the fire goes out
Where: 7100 Marshall Rd, Dexter, MI 48130

Join Nature & Nurture Farm's community as we celebrate and give thanks for another bountiful growing season! There will be a tomato tasting, potluck, guided farm tours, live music, a seed giveaway, a bonfire, farm yoga, and more! Follow us on social media (FB/IG) and/or sign up for our monthly newsletter at the bottom of the home page of our website as more details become available.

Cost: $20-$30 suggested donation, $10 suggested donation for students and farmers, kids are free, and nobody will be turned away for lack of funds. Funds collected will raise money for us to purchase a wet-seed cleaning machine so that we can grow more seeds of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc.
Covid: We want to be Covid safe. This event is totally outside and there's plenty of space here at our farm so remember to spread out to avoid crowding. Please come vaccinated and/or wear a mask. Please be mindful that there are people in the community who are immune-compromised and we want everyone to feel safe.
Dogs: Advance permission required for bringing dogs to the event.
Camping: People are welcome to camp on our farm property Saturday evening (8/21) to Sunday morning (8/22) for free. If you want to help us setup, you can come camp on Friday night too, but please let us know so we can greet you.
What to Bring: Please bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on, bug repellent, dish for the potluck

Activities and events schedule:
- Heirloom tomato tasting - 4:00 - 5:30
- Guided Farm tours - 5:00 & 7:00
- Potluck dinner - Bring a dish to pass - 6:00
- Seed giveaway, bonfire, camping

Approximate music schedule (times and artists may be subject to change)
Live Music Lineup:
Dang Deluge - Janet Benson, John Baltic, Kim French, Patrick French, and Will Osler
Billy King and Friends (featuring Brendan Hayden)
Nature & Nurture Farm Trio (featuring Milan Anderson,  Alex Belhaj, and Will Osler)
David Simon (from Latin Bohemia Band)

We hope you can join us!
Erica, Mike, and Team Nature & Nurture

For the latest info please see our Facebook page at https://fb.me/e/3NV36ytz5