IBatis: “Unable to cast object of type 'Castle.Proxies.IDaoProxy' to type 'SysProt.Dao.ICustomerDao'.”

Jakub Malý

Oct 19, 2013, 11:50:38 AM10/19/13
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I am trying to set up IBatis.NET.

I have downloaded the sources fromhttp://mybatisnet.googlecode.com/svn/branches/ibatis-1-maintenance/src.

This is my initialization

DomDaoManagerBuilder builder = new DomDaoManagerBuilder();
builder.Configure("dao.config");
IDaoManager daoManager = DaoManager.GetInstance("SqlMapDao");
customerDao = daoManager[typeof(ICustomerDao)];
ICustomerDao cd = (ICustomerDao) customerDao;

The last line throws InvalidCastException "Unable to cast object of type 'Castle.Proxies.IDaoProxy' to type 'SysProt.Dao.ICustomerDao'."

I am not sure, what I did wrong, my dao.config files contains

Here are the definitions of the classes/interfaces:

public interface ICustomerDao
{
    Customer Load(long id);
}

public class CustomerDao: BaseDao, ICustomerDao
{
    public Customer Load(long id)
    {
        throw new NotImplementedException();
    }
}

public class BaseDao : IDao
{
    protected DaoSession GetContext()
    {
        IDaoManager daoManager = DaoManager.GetInstance(this);
        return (daoManager.LocalDaoSession as DaoSession);
    }
}

I have also asked this question on SO, but maybe this mailing list is a better place.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19466324/ibatis-unable-to-cast-object-of-type-castle-proxies-idaoproxy-to-type-syspr

Thanks, Jakub.

César Iglesias

Oct 19, 2013, 12:14:38 PM10/19/13
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I think the problem is the inheritance from IDao. ICustomerDAO should inherits from IDao instead BaseDAO.

Regards,
César

Jakub Malý

Oct 19, 2013, 12:21:51 PM10/19/13
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

Hi César,

that does not solve the issue

this line executes fine:

IDao customerDao = daoManager[typeof(ICustomerDao)];

customerDao implements IDao.

It is this line which fails:

ICustomerDao cd = (ICustomerDao) customerDao;

I tried adding ICustomerDao: IDao just to be sure and it behaves the same.

Jakub.