Databases supported by iBATIS .NET

sarvo

Oct 31, 2010, 12:03:22 AM10/31/10
to mybatisnet-user
I see that in this link in iBATIS guide Sql, OleDB, ODBC, and Oracle
data mapping are provided. If I connect to IBM DB2 using IBM Data
Provider then can I use iBATIS. Can someone please recommend if
iBATIS.NET can be used to connect to DB2 database.

Michael McCurrey

Oct 31, 2010, 12:35:00 AM10/31/10
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

Yes, it does work with db2

sarvothaman vittal

Oct 31, 2010, 1:04:17 AM10/31/10
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
So I can just use the DB2's configuration provider & connection string and use iBATIS as suggested in Support guide and I should be able to use it right ?

Thanks for the information
--
Regards,
Sarvothaman

Michael McCurrey

Oct 31, 2010, 1:22:18 PM10/31/10
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

Correct.

sarvothaman vittal

Nov 1, 2010, 12:19:14 AM11/1/10
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a ton....

Michael Schall

Nov 1, 2010, 9:44:09 AM11/1/10
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
We are currently porting an app that used to go against MS SQL to not work with DB2.  It is not a production app yet, but the conversion is going smoothly.  We should be able to switch databases without changing a single line of compiled code.  We are porting to DB2 9.5.  I'll include the provider config that we are using.

<provider name="db2.9"
 enabled="true"
 default="true"
 assemblyName="IBM.Data.DB2, Version=9.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7c307b91aa13d208"
 connectionClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Connection"
 commandClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Command"
 parameterClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Parameter"
 parameterDbTypeClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2Type"
 parameterDbTypeProperty="DB2Type"
 dataAdapterClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2DataAdapter"
 commandBuilderClass="IBM.Data.DB2.DB2CommandBuilder"
 usePositionalParameters="true"
 useParameterPrefixInSql="false"
 useParameterPrefixInParameter="true"
 parameterPrefix="@"
 caseSensitive="false"/>

This uses the current .Net DB2 Provider downloaded from IBM for DB2 9.5.  I'll explain the last two attributes as they are not standard.  The first one we switched to use the @ symbol.  DB2 does not have enforced parameter prefixes.  We decided to keep SQL Server's so it would be easier to port the stored procedures.  The last attribute is one that I have added to iBATIS.NET.  I can commit it if people feel it is useful.  The way the DB2 provider presents the stored procedure parameters is all upper case.  This switch makes procedure parameter name matching case insensitive.

Hope this helps.

Mike

MallikarjunaRao Jalumuri

May 8, 2016, 11:56:24 AM5/8/16