why myBatis.net is updated slower than java version?

Jerome Li

Jan 5, 2015, 7:55:56 PM1/5/15
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
I have noticed that the upgrading of myBatis.net is not as active as its java counterpart. The last update happened several years ago. That makes me hesitate on choosing myBatis.net for our new project considering our future app upgrading can be constrained by an out-of-date myBatis.net version.

Any idea about any planned upgrading on myBatis.net?

Thanks

panji aryaputra

Jan 5, 2015, 8:43:25 PM1/5/15
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
I was more or less in the same position. In the end, I choose to spend more effort in one of the popular micro ORM in .net. I don't like EF and actually I like iBatis (Java). Unfortunately, as you said, myBatis.net is not actively developed/maintained.

Regards,
Panji

Stelio Macumbe

Jan 6, 2015, 2:16:33 AM1/6/15
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com

I believe the developers do not have enough man power to maintain both versions. I am not sure if they are asking for funds because I would most certainly contribute.

I am a “fan” of myIbatis, I use it on my Java projects and used it on the .NET ones. Unfortunately I had to drop it because of the lack of maintenance.

I opted for Dapper (NET)  instead, it is not as versatile as iBatis, and you have to include your queries in you Java code, which I am really uncomfortable with, however I have to admit that performance wise Dapper is noticeable superior to iBatis.

Regards,

Stelio

sandy...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2015, 10:58:24 AM7/18/15
to mybatis...@googlegroups.com
Yes,i hope upgrading on myBatis.net,
I think myBatis.net  is good  ORM

在 2015年1月6日星期二 UTC+8上午8:55:56,Jerome Li写道: