IBATIS VS MYBATIS Lazy Load

Ed Klanke

Oct 25, 2022, 7:52:50 AM10/25/22
to mybatis-user
Hello,

I have convert a my project from IBATIS to MYBATIS.  I am seeing a performance issue with MYBATIS with N+1 issue.  I have lazy load enabled in both IBATIS and MYBATIS. The converted project the associations are loading were they did not load in IBATIS.

How can I configure my project so, the lazy load works the same as it did in IBATIS?

Regards,
Ed Klanke

Iwao AVE!

Oct 26, 2022, 5:52:44 AM10/26/22
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ed,

I don't remember how iBATIS handles lazy loading, but you might want to check settings like `lazyLoadTriggerMethods`.
Also, in versions ≤ 3.4.1, `aggressiveLazyLoading` was enabled by default which could lead to unexpected result.
And there are several tests in the repo that verify various lazy loading behaviors.

If you need further assistance, please create a demo project with minimum setup and share it on your GitHub repo.
Here are some project templates.

Regards,
Iwao