Wrong App icons?

borked

Apr 18, 2011, 4:53:13 PM4/18/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
I installed the latest version (1.0.19beta) on a new device and I don't get
my own app's icons but the app icons for JCPenney Weekly Deals and some
game that I can't find.

I tried deleting the database and importing another one I saved from
another device, deleting the app a few times, emptying the cache and
removing my account altogether but I keep getting the same icons. This is
annoying, my icons are dear to me :-)

The app IDs for these JCPenney don't even resemble mine and the reports and
reviews that are downloaded are correct.

Anybody else seeing this?

BTW Oliver you should probably change the copyright info to
©2009-2011 Cocoanetics.com

--
mare

Oliver Drobnik

Apr 18, 2011, 5:07:21 PM4/18/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea what's happening there. Can you try out if the same problem exists with the 2.0 development branch?

borked

Apr 18, 2011, 5:33:52 PM4/18/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
On 18/04/11, Oliver Drobnik kindly wrote:

> I have no idea what's happening there. Can you try out if the same
>problem exists with the 2.0 development branch?

That version only loads the financial reports (over and over again and
without parsing the amounts) and no app icons at all :-(

The weekly and daily reports show up as (null) in the table view.

--
mare

Oliver Drobnik

Apr 18, 2011, 5:50:11 PM4/18/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
then send me a couple of lines from a daily report. I'll investigate. Those are iOS apps, right?

cidevs

Apr 19, 2011, 3:55:19 PM4/19/11
to MyAppSales
Same here!
What I did on the updated firmware 4.3.2:

- build and run
- added my itunes account
- start wlan, imported my backup apps.db
- at this state, no icon where shown, so -> download report -> ZAC!
wrong icons! (one of them seems to be google translate! haahah)

Tried: deleting the app, closing, deleting the account... nothing to
do now!

Honestly, it's the first time that I imported the backup BEFORE
downloading reports. Usually, when I update the firmware and have to
reinstall MyAppSales, I setup the account, download hundreds of old
reports, after that I update the db...

WTF? :D

Oliver Drobnik

Apr 20, 2011, 2:05:35 AM4/20/11
to MyAppSales
Hi,

turns out that iTunes switched from 100x100 to using 175x175 icons and so the routine downloading the icons would get a "bystander" icon instead of the actual app icon.

This is fixed: https://github.com/Cocoanetics/MyAppSales/commit/e81d78904aba2ec842289f5618503ecbe59165c5

cheers
Oliver Drobnik

Cocoanetics.com

Hugh Fitzpatrick

Apr 20, 2011, 7:36:26 AM4/20/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
Oliver,

Can you cite the file and line numbers for this and the previous (recent) fix ?

Can Git report changsets ? ( I'm new to Git)...

I ask as it'll help educate us in the areas likely to change. Code could be developered to Report via Ok messages when things being are not as expected. Eg. change in Icon dimensions.

Also, a single include file with #define's of all expected items, number of columns, icon dimensions, expected strings in reports etc, making it easy to have checks - and a centralized place to list the expected values.

Just a thought. Thanks for all your assistance !

Epic as always !

-Hugh

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:55 AM, cidevs <cov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome!
> Fixed! Thank you Oliver ;)

> On 20 Apr, 08:05, Oliver Drobnik <oli...@drobnik.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> turns out that iTunes switched from 100x100 to using 175x175 icons and so the routine downloading the icons would get a "bystander" icon instead of the actual app icon.
>>

>> This is fixed:https://github.com/Cocoanetics/MyAppSales/commit/e81d78904aba2ec84228...
>>
>> cheers
>> Oliver Drobnik
>>
>> Cocoanetics.com

Oliver Drobnik

Apr 20, 2011, 7:49:35 AM4/20/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
git pull origin master

cidevs

Apr 20, 2011, 6:55:10 AM4/20/11
to MyAppSales
Awesome!
Fixed! Thank you Oliver ;)

On 20 Apr, 08:05, Oliver Drobnik <oli...@drobnik.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> turns out that iTunes switched from 100x100 to using 175x175 icons and so the routine downloading the icons would get a "bystander" icon instead of the actual app icon.

JBULLFROG

Jun 13, 2011, 12:49:53 PM6/13/11
to MyAppSales
Hi, i pulled the most current github version, and im getting this
issue as well.

To backtrack, i updated to ios5, then reinstalled MAS, then imported
all my backups, then entered my ID info and for some reason all the
app icons are other apps.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

On Apr 20, 2:05 am, Oliver Drobnik <oli...@drobnik.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> turns out that iTunes switched from 100x100 to using 175x175 icons and so the routine downloading the icons would get a "bystander" icon instead of the actual app icon.

Sean Kovacs

Jun 13, 2011, 1:42:37 PM6/13/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
Wait for OS5 to become final...

Dennis Munsie

Jun 13, 2011, 1:56:36 PM6/13/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com, myapp...@googlegroups.com
We are all developers here, so waiting for a final iOS 5 isn't necessarily helpful. This tool is now community supported which means that someone here is going to eventually have to sit down and make this work with iOS 5. It doesn't seem unreasonable to start now rather than wait for the official release.

dennis

Sean Kovacs

Jun 13, 2011, 1:59:17 PM6/13/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
But you make it sound like the app is broken. From my experience, OS5 is
horribly unstable (which is a given). Why spin wheels when no spinning
is needed...has nothing to do with being a developer (anyone with $99
can be a developer..lmao).

-sean

Dennis Munsie

Jun 13, 2011, 2:09:28 PM6/13/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com, myapp...@googlegroups.com
But this group here is almost certainly all developers - why would we be using an app like this otherwise?

There wasn't much updated in MAS for iOS 4, so it would not surprise me to find out there are lingering bugs in it that iOS 5 exposes. It could go either way, quite frankly.

If this app is important to you and you must use it under iOS 5 for some reason, you're going to have to get down and dirty with the code.

dennis

JBULLFROG

Jun 13, 2011, 2:18:12 PM6/13/11
to MyAppSales
And seeing how this was an issue in the app prior to iOS5, seems as
though it is the app, and not the OS, or maybe a combination of both.
In either case your bike must be broke because the wheels are spinning
and constantly moving forward.

On Jun 13, 1:59 pm, Sean Kovacs <s...@seankovacs.com> wrote:
> But you make it sound like the app is broken. From my experience, OS5 is
> horribly unstable (which is a given). Why spin wheels when no spinning
> is needed...has nothing to do with being a developer (anyone with $99
> can be a developer..lmao).
>
> -sean
>
> On 6/13/2011 1:56 PM, Dennis Munsie wrote:
>

> > We are all developers here, so waiting for a final iOS 5 isn't necessarily helpful. This tool is now community supported which means that someone here is going to eventually have to sit down and make this work with iOS 5. It doesn't seem unreasonable to start now rather than wait for the official release.
>
> > dennis

borked

Jun 13, 2011, 2:04:05 PM6/13/11
to myapp...@googlegroups.com
On 13/06/11, JBULLFROG kindly wrote:

> Hi, i pulled the most current github version, and im getting this
> issue as well.
>
> To backtrack, i updated to ios5, then reinstalled MAS, then imported
> all my backups, then entered my ID info and for some reason all the
> app icons are other apps.
>
> Any thoughts?

It came back for me too, on iOS 4, so it's not an exclusive iOS 5 issue. No
time to look into it, and it's not a big deal.
--
mare