Recurring Tasks, But only certain times of year

Craig Lindholm

Jun 13, 2024, 6:16:26 PM (13 days ago) Jun 13
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it if it has.....
I have a task that I want to perform 2x per week, but only between May and October. I want this task to repeat yearly.

I can't figure out ho to configure this task in the recurrence window. Has anyone done this? If so HOW!?

Thanks
Craig

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jun 17, 2024, 12:43:04 PM (9 days ago) Jun 17
to MyLifeOrganized

There isn't a built-in feature for setting up such a yearly recurrence in MLO. You can try the following workaround:

1. Set Weekly recurrence for your task:

  • Set the task to recur weekly on the specific days (e.g., Monday and Friday).
  • Set the start and due dates for the upcoming occurrence.
2. Set 'End date' to the last day you plan to perform this task in October (see the screenshot attached)

3. Create a parent task for this recurring task and name it something like "Set up recurring task for next year."

How it works: Every week, the task will appear on your To-Do list twice. When you complete the last occurrence in October, the recurring task will mark itself as complete. At that point, the parent task will become active, reminding you to reschedule the recurring task for the next year.
Scr_1.png

Dwight Arthur

Jun 17, 2024, 11:55:37 PM (8 days ago) Jun 17
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar situation, my setup is less sophisticated but it works.

  • set the task to recurr every Monday and Friday with no end or limit.
  • when the task comes up on my to-do list in November (or late October) instead of doing the task I edit the recurrence window to say that it runs every Monday and Friday starting next May

that's it. the task is inactive until the start date next May arrives then it runs weekly until November when I edit it again.

-Dwight

Craig Lindholm

Jun 18, 2024, 11:14:55 AM (8 days ago) Jun 18
to MyLifeOrganized
Thanks both of you! Great ideas. I will try and implement Alyona's suggestion (which is similar to Dwights' but adds a bit "extra"!

Craig