Android: Shortcut could not be created in secondary launcher

Kenton Hensley

May 31, 2024, 8:22:35 AMMay 31
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello All,

I use Microsoft Launcher as my home screen launcher. I also use Everywhere Launcher as secondary launcher because it allows me to create overlay sidebars that can activated with various gestures. I have one of these setup to create a task at a single touch. However, aAfter upgrading from my Samsung Note 20 to the S24 Ultra, this shortcut stopped working. So I tried to add a new MLO 3 shortcut  and receive this error:

Error
Shortcut could not be created because this type of shortcut is technically only supported on default home launchers.

So it seems something changed, presumably in Android OS. I can create the shortcut in Microsoft Launcher. The message seems to imply there might be other shortcut types. Seems like a long shot, but I wonder if there is a different mechanism now to setup a "Create New Task" shortcut that is supported in secondary launchers like Everywhere launcher?

Regards,
Kenton