Permanently using iPad app on Mac

Gerhard Markus

May 20, 2022, 6:16:37 AM5/20/22
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

as I found out, M1 Macs can run the iPad version of MLO. No problems spotted so far - like it more than the wine fiddling.

Are there any drawback to using exclusively this version, and sync other iDevices via Cloud sync? Like important features missing?

Will it continue to work on Mac (as any iOS dev could decide to not let M1 Mac users download his app)?

I would appreciate your feedback before making this investment (money but more the time to get my life into MLO), so I can be sure it's future proof.

Best regards, GM

Mark Levison

May 20, 2022, 8:43:53 PM5/20/22
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Gerhard, Google won't allow me to reply directly google groups even though I'm a member. Google groups is buggy.

I've been using MLO on my M1 Mac for nearly a year. It's great with two key weaknesses. The window wants be one size and gets lost on a 27in monitor.

There are no menus or keyboard shortcuts. The latter can be worked around with Keyboard Maestro if you know it's Ins and outs.

Frankly bringing the ios app to the Mac via catalyst is the fastest way for Andrey to get there. (I've already mentioned this to him privately)

Cheers
Mark
imajeff <ima...@gmail.com>: May 19 02:56PM -0700

Now my order of the outline is all messed up because I thought, "no way it
would mess up the order when I carefully created tasks in the logical order
I need in my outline!"
Why would anybody want to mess that up? And is there any way to get my
original outline back after it changed top level to alphabetical order?
Seriously it should not have changed any order when I clicked the heading
of the main All Tasks view unless there was a way to restore the order I
created and dragged tasks to.

headshot-square-300x300Mark Levison | 1 (877) 248-8277Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
Certified ScrumMaster Training: Vancouver | Edmonton | Ottawa | Montreal | Toronto
Certified Product Owner & Private Training also available ~ Our Training Schedule
Agile Pain Relief Consulting | Notes from a Tool User
Proud Sponsor of Agile Tour Gatineau Ottawa and Agile Coach Camp Canada