"task by voice" (Android) via Google speech recognition - any tricks to properly enter task details for MLO parsing?

Pavel

May 11, 2022, 4:33:14 AM5/11/22
to MyLifeOrganized
I have Q on "task by voice" (Android) - is there anyone who has figured out how to pronounce advanced details (due, reminder, etc) for the parsing to work properly (English)? I have hard times to enter and get MLO to parse due date and reminder time through Google voice recognition

Example is "Call Jack remind in 20 minutes" (see clipping below). The difficulty is definitely not the MLO itself, but rather Google voice recognition that converts it to "Call Jack reminding 20-minutes" or "Call Jack remind in 20-minutes".
so it catches "remind", but due to Google's "impact", "20 minutes" is recognized as "20-minutes" and MLO can't handle it further, obviously.

MLO relielies heavily on Google, so I'm wondering if someone has figured out some tricks not to trap into those recognition issues.
I do speek slower for G to make less mistakes in recognition, but it's not enough.

Separately, it will be great to know how to pronounce shortcuts like "+4d" to get them recognized by Google speech-to-text properly :)

IMG_20220511_112403_151.jpg

Pawel

May 11, 2022, 9:48:26 AM5/11/22
to MyLifeOrganized
FYI, as I have played with voice input settings (switched US->UK->US (after your question about exact layout), disabled "Google voice input [Legacy]" in Keyboard list) it has improved. I can't reproduce the issue from my previous screenshot.

Dunno where this "Google voice typing [Legacy]" came from, so maybe it was the root cause for the wrong recognition.
Screenshot_20220511-150636_Settings.jpg

середа, 11 травня 2022 р. о 11:33:14 UTC+3 Pawel пише: