Android MLO Sync deletes Task name if name includes Emoji?

biagio lucci

Jun 29, 2020, 2:02:04 AM6/29/20
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello there

Maybe this is known fact, but I could not find any info on it.

Basically what is going on is that if you put an emoji (i.e. :🧀📋🥖🔔📃😊😂🤣) in the beginning of the title of a task, either on mobile or Win 10, after the MLO Sync takes place that task will become nameless.

I have tried to put it at the end of the task name and that will only remove the icon at the end and leave the name there. As if anything that is there after the emoji (including the emoji itself) disappears right after the MLO Sync.

Very frustrating.

Please help.

Thanks

Alyona (MLO Support)

Jul 2, 2020, 12:50:48 PM7/2/20
to MyLifeOrganized
This is because emojis are not supported, unfortunately. Please do not use emojis until there is an update from us.

Andrei Bacean

Jul 5, 2020, 3:29:12 PM7/5/20
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi!I was using emoji together with Wi-Fi sync. It is working flawlessly.

Andrei Bacean

Jul 11, 2020, 6:49:06 AM7/11/20
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Alyona

I use a lot of emoji in the task names, and due to rhe problem reported in this thread, I am forced to keep this mlo profile away from cloud, which affects my productivity.

Hope you can solve this issue asap.

Best wishes
Andrew

четверг, 2 июля 2020 г. в 19:50:48 UTC+3, Alyona (MLO Support):

Andrei Bacean

Aug 2, 2020, 4:03:23 PM8/2/20
to MyLifeOrganized
hi Alyona

It seems that emoji inside folder names are synced without problems.
So, it seems to be a bug. Please kindly check this behavior.

Thank you
Andrei

четверг, 2 июля 2020 г. в 19:50:48 UTC+3, Alyona (MLO Support):
This is because emojis are not supported, unfortunately. Please do not use emojis until there is an update from us.

Andrei Bacean

Aug 3, 2020, 3:16:31 AM8/3/20
to MyLifeOrganized
Tested a little bit more.  Unfortunately, folder names are also erased.

Some emoji like ❤✔ are synced to cloud without issues (MLOwin-to-cloud, cloud-to-MLOandroid).

Best wishes
Andrew

воскресенье, 2 августа 2020 г. в 23:03:23 UTC+3, Andrei Bacean:

Wolfgang58975

Jan 30, 2021, 1:07:23 PM1/30/21
to MyLifeOrganized
These are the emojis that seem to work in my case:

♎♍♌♑♋♊♊♉♈☯☸✝☮☪☦✝⚜

⏺⏹⏸⏬⏩▶⏫

✖☑➕➖✅✔

™®©

❗❕❔❓

↘↗⬆⤴

❤️⚪⚫♥️

♀️♂️

⚕️

Interesting collection..

Eric Wilson

Apr 22, 2022, 3:30:42 AM4/22/22
to MyLifeOrganized
Re-raising - any update on this?

I recently (re)switched to using MLO and had put quite a few tasks in with emoji characters before realizing this was a gap in functionality. (Ouch.)

Would be great if any character properly displayed in the app would not cause data loss just because a sync occurs.

Andrei, Win&Droid MLO user

Dec 14, 2022, 5:52:23 AM12/14/22
to MyLifeOrganized
The following emoji also work (tested by windows to the cloud sync)
☎  ⏰

суббота, 30 января 2021 г. в 20:07:23 UTC+2, gnag...@gmail.com: