MLO Outlook sync with newly enhanced Microsoft To Do/Tasks/Planner

saurabh...@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 6:11:40 AM5/30/21
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi,

As many of you might be aware that Microsoft has improved its Outlook tasks and To Do (previously Wunderlist) and Microsoft Planner synchronization to a great extent. The outlook tasks now seamlessly synchronize with Microsoft Todo (Planner merged into Todo)

I still use Outlook Tasks heavily with my colleagues within my organization which helps for delegation among many other things on collaboration.

I was wondering if MLO is planning to reconsider the way MLO tasks synchronize with outlook as with the new enhancements the "Lists" created in Todo syncs as separate list in outlook which resonates a lot with Projects in MLO. Or there could be other implications too. Hence I think its worthwhile to assess the changes with Outlook Tasks and adapt things for MLO accordingly.

See the screenshot below for more details.

2021-05-29 23_29_46-Knowledge Management - To Do.png

Thanks,
Saurabh

Stéph

Jun 1, 2021, 4:11:54 AM6/1/21
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Saurabh,

In this post on a previous thread, Richard has shown how he can create an Outlook task in OneNote, which will then sync with Outlook, ToDo and MLO. I think it probably needs thorough testing to see how solid the sync is. Unfortunately, I can't do that testing at the moment, because something about my company's IT security means I can not longer link MLO to Outlook.

Stéphane

Michael Larsen

Apr 20, 2022, 12:16:33 PM4/20/22
to MyLifeOrganized
MLO desperately needs an API. It would be very easy for anyone to create this feature for MLO if they had an API where you can call and write tasks. It is the one thing that keeps MLO from being perfect.